What is preventive health care?
Preventive healthcare aims to prevent illness and assist in the early detection of specific diseases whilst encouraging the promotion and maintenance of good health.
Preventive healthcare deals with the prevention of illness to decrease the burden of disease and associated risk factors. Preventive measures can be applied at all stages across the lifespan and along a disease spectrum, to prevent further decline over time.
We encourage Australians to lead a healthier lifestyle and take steps to prevent disease through our work on:
- reducing smoking and alcohol use
- tackling overweight and obesity
- educating Australians about good food and nutrition
- supporting mental health
- encouraging more exercise and physical activity
- preventing chronic conditions and communicable diseases
- subsidising immunisation
- promoting a healthy lifestyle through education and awareness campaigns such as our anti-smoking campaigns
At CHC Medical, we strive for practical communication, systemisation and teamwork to allow our doctors to coordinate the best care for you. We have a comprehensive referral network of Specialist and Allied Health Professionals to assist with your coordinated care, with a range of providers available.